Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Delta 400 vs Tmax 400
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:07:29 -0500

> > Want a good 400 film... Tri-X in Xtol 1:3 by hand, 1:1 in a JOBO. SHARP!
> >
>  I use xtol 1:1, 24deg 8 mins for Trix. I see a lot of people using 1:3.
> What differences would I see if I dev 1:3 - are people doing this for
> economy only?

Is this by hand or automated?  I believe one of the reasons not to use 1:3
is in automated processors, it is too diluted.  They typically use less
chemicals than regular darkroom tank processing, and Xtol requires a minimum
of Xtol per unit area of film.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] dilutions of gradeur!)