Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Delta 400 vs Tmax 400
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:48:57 -0800

leica@rakitzis.com wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Lose the HC-110 and your darkroom photography will change in ways you
> never believed possible.
>
> Running film in HC-110 a huge handicap, kind of like screwing 5 dusty UV
> filters on the front of your lens before you take a shot.
>
> I have a bunch of prized Tri-X negs, and I shudder to look at the grain
> because it was done in HC-110.
>
> Byron.

Byron did you mean to post this to the whole list!!!!?!:)
Yes i believe HC-110 was a setback for me and the photographers i knew at the
time when we were starting out.
It was like the emperors new clothes. Ansel was using it someone found out supposedly.
When we all trickled back to D76 after a year of tribulations we got much better
results like we used to get.

But Xtol is 4 times better than any D76 dilution if you ask me!!!

mark rabiner