Subject: Re: [Leica] loco for chrome?
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:17:20 -0500

George Day opined:

 Folks,

> Moving on to more fun topics, I was wondering what percentage of people out
> there have a preference for silver-chrome finish Leica gear, especially
> lenses?  Personally, I'm completely hooked, extra weight and all.  I don't
> care about the "stealth" factor because, again personally, I think it's a
> bit of a canard -- a great photographer can be stealthy walking around with
> an RZ; a lousy one will be consipicuous with a Minox.
>
> For me, the issue is handling.  The chrome lenses are very, very smooth.
> Beautiful to look at, beautiful to handle.  And, incredibly, after
> twenty-odd years of black cameras, I'm completely hooked by the chrome
> finish M6.  As for the lenses, the small difference in price seems utterly
> worth it.
>
> Any other chrome addicts out there feel like confessing?
>
> NO ARCHIVE

Well as a fun topic I have two Chrome Leicas with three chrome lenses. I
also have three black Leicas with five black lenses. And do not ask me why
but the chrome cameras feel and look more delicate to me, whereas, the black
ones look and feel like they could hammer nails. All mental I suppose. Also
I can not feel any difference in terms of smoothness between chrome and
black lenses.

Steve
Annapolis

PS
George it would be nice if you and others would sign your name. When doing a
reply your name disappears from the original mail. Thanks.