Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT - Request Info On Flatbed Scanner
From: "William Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:59:55 -0800

Bob Kramer writes:

> My suggestion would be to spend just a few bucks more and
get a Minolta
> Dimage Dual Scan II film scanner.  They can be had for
between $400 to $450,
> and for 35mm scanning you really do need the 2800 DPI
resolution.

I bought a refurbished one from ubid.com for less than $300
including shipping.  It is enroute, so I don't know what it
is gong to be like.  Supposedly it is packed with the same
materials as a new one.  The only thing I will have to
install is a SCSI card.  Previously I had bought a refurbed
Epson 1160 which came without the software (it was supposed
to be there).  Epson kindly provided the software and
manuals.  Now if Cone would just get his piezography inks
here ;-)

For a flatbed, I am using a cheap 1600x1600 Visioneer
scanner.  Works great.

Regards, Bill Larsen