Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Cosina Distribution in the US
From: "William Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:32:43 -0800

So, Tom, do you think that the Bessa R will become a
collectible with a new "?" introduction?

My R's serial number is 0000 1524.  Is your's considerably
lower.  Unfortunately, I plan to wear mine out, but after
more than a year of carrying it stuffed into my briefcase
and actually taking pictures every day, I can't find any
signs of wear.

Oh, and the current softies don't fit it.  Are you planning
to modify them?  I find that the shutter release is smoother
than my Leicas'.  How about a Bessa rapidwinder (I don't
mind modern "plastic" but bakelite is out).

Anyway, I have stopped trying to convince the LUG that the
Cosina/Bessa is a good camera.  Keep up the comments,
though.  I originally meant to give the camera to my
daughter since it was less money than a CLA for a LSM body.
Perhaps if someone would convince me that it was bad, I
could pass it on now.  ;)

hilsens fra Bill Larsen