Subject: RE: [Leica] Slightly OT - Request Info On Flatbed Scanner
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:29:54 -0500

My suggestion would be to spend just a few bucks more and get a Minolta
Dimage Dual Scan II film scanner.  They can be had for between $400 to $450,
and for 35mm scanning you really do need the 2800 DPI resolution.  I have
tried using flatbed scanners for 35mm film scanning (on a Agfa 1200 -- which
costs more like $700 to $800) and the low 1200 DPI resolution is just not
enough.  Unless you are scanning 4x5 negs, I would dedicate a flatbed to
print scanning only.

Regards,

Bob Kramer

Replies: Reply from "William Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com> (Re: [Leica] Slightly OT - Request Info On Flatbed Scanner)