Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leicaholic
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:19:28 -0500

The Leicaflex SL is definitely a great bargain, particularly when you luck
into one like I did, from Sherry who had just overhauled it including
replacing the meter cell, take up spool, lens lock and battery compartment.
She said it ought to be good for the next 30 years or so.  And it didn't
cost me that much more than a Leica polarizing filter!  If anything, I
should get another SL.  The SL2 meter isn't much of a factor for me, since I
do all low light shooting with my M cameras anyway.

But it occurred to me that having an AE Leica might come in handy on
occasion.  And the R4sP's seem pretty reasonably priced, in relative Leica
terms.  Just part of the never ending internal debate I have with myself on
what I should get next.

Bob Kramer

P.S.  Jem, funny you should suggest sneaking an SL home.  That's exactly
what I did with mine!  After a month of hiding it I finally told my wife.
All is now forgiven, and I no longer have to sleep with the dogs.  :-)

Replies: Reply from "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com> ([Leica] Servicing Leica's In Australia)