Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice on selling a used Leica.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:19:35 -0700

Welcome.

For current selling prices check a Shutterbug, go to eBay and check
completed auctions, and/or, cruise the various online shops as well.

Leica-users prefers if you restrict your FS and WTB to Friday but if it is a
matter of some importance ‹ such as you want only $50US for the M1:-) ‹ go
ahead and post but try not to make a habit of it.

Generally we do not mention eBay as it seems to cause some Leica-users to
have an immediate coronary. Needless to say it does come up from time to
time and we have not lost that many members. Just do not list something on
eBay and then post the URL here. That really gets people steamed.

Shipping is handled anyway you want. When I list equipment FS on the
Leica-users, I send it to the prospective purchaser for approval first. They
either send me the money or the item back. So far no problems and only good
experiences.

If you are worried about being ripped off just monitor the group for awhile
until you get to know the contributors a bit then when you put something up
for sale you can ask for references. I myself do not worry about it much and
I have never had a problem.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Advice on selling a used Leica.)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] Mark in Seattle)