Subject: Re: [Leica] No more PAWs...and Leica lens prototype query
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:18:36 +0800

> My G4 crashes at least 6 times a day.

My G3s crash several times a day too. The thing that bugs me the most is
that the computers (PB and tower) both hang for 2 minutes at the end of the
startup process and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. It only
started after I installed OS 9 and what makes it weirder is that about once
a month it doesn't hang: reinstalling the system and the usual repair
utilities have got me no further.

Anyhow to revert to topic: I wonder if anyone knows how to learn more about
a prototype Leica 350R I managed to pick up a couple of weeks ago. This is a
fantastically sharp lens though it is somewhat inconvenient to use, lacking
a built in lens hood and tripod mount. The serial number begins 517.. So I
assume it is a prototype or perhaps a special order military or scientific
item. No distance or aperture markings either but it is clearly a Leica
product and has Telyt R 350/4.8 on an id ring. It focuses to 2m instead of
the normal 3m and has an uncoupled aperture/meter mechanism.

 Any stratospheric offers? I would rather sell it for a vast price and get a
regular production version (and small car) with the proceeds. As it is I
guess I should not wear the thing out in my daily work though it is so sharp
and the colour quality is marvellous...
- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography