Subject: Re: [Leica] Price of an M3?
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 07:54:08 -0500

> Fixing up an older M camera in so-so condition is not the cheapest or most
> rational way to go, but since when did reason have anything to do with it

YES!! I agree 100%. I could not count the old clunkers that I have bought
and then fixed up and gotten years of use out of them. We live in a very
disposable society and it is amazing what you can get for not much money. To
me there is a certain panache to an old beat-up Alfa Romeo, Beemer, Nikon or
M3.

> I once had the chance to buy a Ferrari 308GTB kinda cheap; no doubt a real
> fix-er-upper, though potentially very cool. But how would I ever master
> black and white printing if I kept getting sidetracked into other hobbies!

Damn the torpedoes! Full-speed ahead! Jeff you should have bought that
Ferrari.