Subject: RE: [Leica] focus inaccuracies: my test results
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:54:44 -0500

> Edmund's Scientific sells a convenient target that does just
> this and is
> calibrated in line pairs per mm. It's a bit on the expensive side
> (compared to a newspaper), but if it would end this thread, it is
> definitely worth it...
>
> http://www.edmundoptics.com/IOD/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=1485

Hum.  I thought it couldn't be measured ;-)

It states:

"This unique target was developed to standardize an area of optical
tolerancing that is most commonly determined theoretically. Our extensive
experience in designing optical systems has shown that depth of field
calculations can often yield very misleading results."

Most interesting.