Subject: Re: [Leica] focus inaccuracies: my test results
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:52:48 -0800 (PST)

I have a Hexar RF that I'm using with the Konica 50mm lens.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't worry about focussing accuracy past the closest
distance mark.

I would put the 35mm lens on the Hexar, go out and shoot real photos noting how
often I'm actually at the 1m focus distance and see how the slides look. My bet
is that the slides look OK, and I might even presume to bet that you aren't
shooting at 1m as much as you think you are, but I probably shouldn't do that,
so I won't.

If I were really at 1m wide open a lot, I'd buy an FM2n and one of the Nikon
35mm lenses that focuses down to 6 inches. Of course, that answer probably
won't make you happy.

What I wouldn't do is keep shooting test slides in my basement. The only thing
that really matters is if the real slides look good.

If the test slides didn't look good, I'd sell the Hexar RF, or just use it with
some other lens. It's great with a 50 IMHO.

Pete