Subject: Re: [Leica] Advise wanted re 400mm
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:59:36 EST

In a message dated 11-02-01 04:59:23 GMT Standard Time, telyt@earthlink.net
writes:

<< Gerry, this lens is one of the great bargains among Leica lenses.  I
haven't used a teleconverter with it but I know of a few people who have (and
still do) and they like the combination.  You'll have to substitute a tripod
for the shoulder stock but otherwise the image quality holds up well.

Doug

Thanks for your personal reply. I had already been to your website and read
what you have to say about the 400mm there, and I think I am pretty settled
on the lens now as the price seems reasonable. Whilst writing I must add how
much I admired your fine photography at your site. I just wish I could
emulate it. Are you aware of the 'Wildlife Photographer of the Year' contest
here in the UK - I think you should seriously consider entering.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076