Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M5 bodies
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:33:49 -0500

John,

There are some of us on the LUG who would rather have a nice black M5 in
excellent/working condition than we would any other M, including a brand
new M6 with all its lights-a-twinkling and that TTL thinga majiggy to
better rape a subject with.

I wouldn't trade my M5 for any other Leica out there.
(Especially now that there are inexpensive alternatives to the lenses that
recede deeply into the body and can't be used with the M5 or CL meter arm.)

Their un-Leica like size, shape and heft wear on you until you either put
it down in disgust or fall in love with the easy to use SS dial, better
info VF, self timer, spot meter, etc...

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica M5 bodies)