Subject: RE: [Leica] Texas Leica-on sale
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:00:29 -0500

At 07:53 PM 2/9/01 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>Robert White products, when impoorted into the USA, and shipped by UPS or
>FedEx do get hit with US Duty.... about 3-4%.  Plus the inescapable Customs
>Broker charges of another $50 or so....

I bought a 25/4 Skopar from them a few months ago and a Bessa R last week.
Each time they were delivered to me here in the States I paid 30 pounds
($44.22) S&H and a 3% to US Customs. I didn't have to pay a broker charge
of $50 that I know about.

In both cases the service has been impeccable and the prices can't be beat
as far as I can see.
(The only draw back that I've seen so far is that I've got a meter only
focus scale on my Skopar...it matches my Jupiters in that, but I still
think in Feet and Inches.)

Carpe Luminem,
Michael