Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: V35
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:05:35 -0600

>I used the 15 on my M3 DS, and the image area was just a shade bigger,
>and I mean barely paper thick. Needless to say, I'm anticipating the
>wear and tear of 70 years on that IIIa to ad a more "period" look to the
>borders of the neg. area. Since my first filed carrier is more oversized
>than I'm comfortable with on my R negs, maybe I won't have to do
>anything yet. When I'm that close, sometimes the difference in the neg.
>gate area can be just a single file stroke. It's a nerve-wracking job
>with what is increasinbly a rare accessory.
>
>Best,
> Slobodan

You can build up a filed out carrier and start over.

Go out and buy some industrial putty type epoxy thats black or paint it
flat black after you've finished it up.

Even better would be to make a modified carrier that takes
interchangeable "filed" inserts. Little slip-in pieces of aluminum stock
- - they would look like little metal slide mount halves.

Its something I've thought about but never done.

If you have a ruined one that could be the starting point.