Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M3 DS Mutilation
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:56:24 -0700

Well I have never tried one myself but I am prepared to take everybody's
word for it. Unfortunately the DS winding mechanism is not as strong as the
SS version and is (relatively) prone to failure. Equally unfortunate is the
lack of replacement parts for the DS mechanism. You can replace it with a
new SS mechanism but that is hardly going to bring a smile to any of the
recent posters.

John Collier