Subject: Re: [Leica] STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LEICAS
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:18:50 -0500

At 01:26 PM 2/5/2001 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>The camera works perfectly now like it always has. It's a cube with a
mirror in it.
>A more elegant design never existed. I say Phooey to the prisms and the
big lenses.
>But would kill for a 100 or 120 macro.

The 5.6/120 S-Planar was the first lens I bought when I got my 2000 FCM.  I
have had that set topple off a tripod.  No damage at all but, thankfully,
it landed on grass.  Years ago, I did drop my first M3 off a table at a
swimming pool, and it landed on concrete.  Just put another ding in the
chrome.  (And it is a good thing this is the Leica USERS' Group, as this
was a relatively sought-after collectible, one of those "first ten
thousand".  I later sold the camera for ten times what I had paid for it.)

Oh, and I do love the 5.6/120 S-Planar.  A magnificent lens.  I was never
equally happy with the later 4/120 Makro-Planar, so I kept the earlier lens.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] <<OT>><<exceedingly good 4/120 Makro-Planar!!!!!! <<OT>>)