Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Min. focus accuracy of Leica lenses and the Hexar RF
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:38:10 -0500

At 06:00 PM 2/5/2001 -0500, Dante Stella wrote:

>Will he pay me to do it?  :)

The M1, M2, M3, and M4 Leicas were intended to have an annual CLA.  Part of
that was marketing hype, and the annual services probably are not necessary
on the M2 and M3.  But the M4 WAS meant to have those annual services, to
check, among other things, RF accuracy and alignment.  But, judging from
the experiences of those on the List, most of these cameras can be used
until something goes a-gley.  I've owned my current M3 DS for five years,
and it hasn't seen a shop in that time despite some heavy use.  I want to
have it converted to SS, so I'm waiting ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm4@mindspring.com> ([Leica] DS to SS)