Subject: [Leica] Re: [Leica] Week #6 [Bérubé]
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:33:59 -0800

Hi Michael,
very nice!

"However!"    Don't you guys just hate it when I say that! ;-) Like I know
you all think, "Now what the hell is he going to find wrong?" ;-)  Well it
works like this, if you want sweet talk that's fine, if the picture is right
on the mark!

If maybe some tiny little thing is pointed out, it may just make your next
picture better. ;-)

So Michael.

Nice shot, but if they had turned their heads following you, as you moved
very slightly to your left while you were watching the light on their face,
you could have had some very beautiful Rembrandt lighting !  The light only
needed to produce a slight triangle patch on their "left cheek" and it
would've been a much stronger photograph. And this slight move, expressions
need not change, merely the slight turn of the head and you'd have had an
absolute magical no " however" with it.:-)

And the nice picture would've become a "WOW!"     picture.

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Seeing black & white vs. color)