Subject: Re: [Leica] STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LEICAS
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:47:44 -0800

From: Tristan Tom
> alignment? Dop they just go out with time and normal usage?  I'm just
> curious how careful I need to be with it. I've already knocked it
> around a bit,<<<<<<

Tristan,
Don't sweat it! This camera can handle a good amount of abuse. Heck you've
admitted  you've banged it a few times and nothing happens.

I've been banging mine around the world since 1985 and the rangefinders are
still fine.

The only thing knocked out of alignment I've experienced with a Leica, are a
couple of front teeth when I jumped over a fence on assignment and when I
landed one of the Leicas' came up and smacked me in the mouth! One might
say, "Completely throwing them out of alignment!" ;-) True guys!

And it hurt and I bled like a stuck pig!  And I still had to keep shooting,
as this was a one time only situation!         Aaaaaaah life is hell in the
trenches! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant