Subject: [Leica] Nice Leica find just down the street
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 20:43:15 +0100

You folks shop worldwide, either among LUG comrades or in that auction
site. One of my preferred sources is a local advertising paper. The
literal translation of the paper's name would be "bulky waste",
basically a flea market or garage sale on paper! You advertise for free,
but purchase the paper or preview the adds on their website. So far, my
best bargains were a goggled, chrome 1.4/35 and a Minox enlarger. On the
other hand you find a lot of overpriced offers, in particular for the
German prestige brands, using dealer prices in Düsseldorf, Cologne or
Frankfurt as reference, places with a Japanese community, Photokina
visitors and bankers.

This Friday I spotted a DIN A4/A5/A6 copy device (16526, with the
adapter for using the rigid Summicron, 16508) and a 1:3/1:2/1:1.5/1:1
close-up device (BEOON). And the seller was just 200m down my street
which gave me lead over a buyer from across the town! I must confess
that I am not in desperate need for this for my little hobby
photography, but I absolutely couldn't resist. I didn't dare to ask for
a further discount, the asking price was more than fair, so I got a
Leica film cartridge as bonus.

I indeed find the multitude of Leica-M accessories for makro work
fascinating, in particular those that combine extension tubes with
portable stands. Today, life is just too easy with these 20 to 300mm
zooms with macro range. Before Xerox copies and beamers, there was
indeed a demand for document copies on film or slide.

Hans-Peter