Subject: [Leica] FED 28mm f4.5 lens
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:20:42 EST

Here's a question for the screwmount mavens in the group.  A friend has
lent me a FED 28mm f4.5 lens for a while.  As you no doubt know, the
prewar FED lenses don't mate properly with the rangefinder on a Leica.
The lens does scale focus properly when mounted on a Leica.

My friend is trying to find out whether it is possible to have the large
brass FED focussing cam modified so that it will properly couple with the
sensor arm on a Leica.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca