Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo opportunities in Monterey area
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:31:34 -0500

on 2/1/01 6:43 AM, Frank Dernie at Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com wrote:

> I am travelling to Monterey, CA on Feb 10th and will have Sunday and
> probably Monday (11th & 12th) free before I work on Tuesday. I have been in
> the area before but without much free time on my own. Anywhere I should go
> for good photo opps? I have been briefly to Carmel and the Big Sur but never
> with time to stop.

What's it called? Seventeen mile drive? Twenty Seven mile drive? I dunno,
anyway, that's your first stop. Then if you want something a bit different I
suggest heading down the coast to Big Sur but turning left over the ridge
and down into the Salinas valley. If you make it as far as Bakersfield go
and see Buck Owen at the Crystal Palace. DON'T go to a bar called Trout's if
you are of a nervous disposition.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com