Subject: Re: [Leica] WEBSITE
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:37:58 -0500

At 05:55 PM 1/31/01 +0100, Rob Appleby wrote:
>Hi there! Howdy!
>I've just put up my very first website! It's _so_ exciting...
>Any comments will be welcome - even bad ones (but that'll just be
>jealousy...).
>More will be coming over the next week or so. Hope you enjoy it
>Rob.
>
>PS - http://www.robertappleby.com

Wow Rob...I AM jealous...I wish my first foray onto the web back in 97 had
been this well organised with such a strong emphasis on the images!
Of course I had to make do with Simpletext as FrontPage wasn't available on
the "high speed" 75mhz MAC that I had then. (For my HTML I now prefer using
PICO via a secureCRT telnet session as the changes are in "real time"
without FTP.)

I'll check out all the images themselves when I've got more time, but the
galleries look great and they load very quickly with my DSL way out here in
the woods.

The ONLY suggestion that I would make is to change the Title of your index
page from:
  <title>Home Page</title>
<title>robert appleby: images of india</title>
or something like that.
This would make book marking your site easier for novice visitors.

ok...back to work.
Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.GoodPhotos.com/1aWk.html