Subject: Re: [Leica] Y2 Filter
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:45:50 +1100

Mark Rabiner wrote:
Don't your flesh tones come out less than great, Horst?

> I find they kind of wash them out.
> Like when you shoot with tungsten lights.
> The hint of cyan in a yellow-green counteracts this is the way it works.
> But you loose a full stop instead of a half stop.
> There is also something about yellow filters stealing the light out of the shadows.
> As shadows tend to be cool a yellow filter will steal the light out of them.
> But that touch of cyan to make it go yellow-green counteracts that as well.
> That's the whole spiel on yellow-green.
> I've come clean on yellow-green.
>
> Mark (What me yellow?) Rabiner
> Portland, Oregon
> USA

Mark, I hadn't' noticed, but I will take your advise and try it next time.

Thanks, Horst Schmidt

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Y2 Filter)
Message from "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Y2 Filter)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Y2 Filter)