Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Archival of digital images
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:18:27 +0100

On 14 Jan 01, at 10:23, Pascal wrote:

> I didn't know the color of the sensitive layer was important.
>
> I am using Imation (3M) CD-R disks which have a silver (maybe a little
> blue-ish) color. I pay 25 BEF for one Imation CD-R over here (this
> translates into about 58 cents). Other brands like Fuji and Sony are
> considerably more expensive. Imation CD-RW costs 99 BEF (2.3 dollars).
>
> Where can one find confirmation of this?
> What brands are you using?

Pascal,

some of my links on the subject are outdated, but here is some
information regarding CD-R quality:

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_quality.shtml
and
http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_dye.shtml

Some of my oldest are on BASF, which are poorly rated but still
readable. I changed to Mitsui and Kodak after reading of possible
problems with some dyes.