Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Cosina still at it
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 07:19:19 -0800

>[snip]
>Rather than have Cosina produce M-mount lenses, I would much rather see them
>produce M-mount Bessa Rs.  In many ways, I find the Bessa R superior to the
>M6 (particularly the rangefinder).  I have been using the Bessa R for about
>a year now and my M6 basically is only used with the 75/1.4.
>
>Alas, this is only my opinion.  But I would love to use favored Leica glass
>on a body that, while it feels cheap and flimsy, gets the job done just as
>well as the M6 or M3.
>
>Regards, Bill Larsen

Bill,

I'm curious about your last statement - if the Bessa R feels "cheap and
flimsy" why do you prefer it over the M? In the preceding paragraph, you
mention that the rangefinder of the Bessa R is superior to that of the M.
Would you elaborate on that and let us know why the M is playing second
fiddle to the Bessa R, in your case.

Let me add that I'm not trying to start a flame war, nor is the above
intended to be partisan or inflammatory. I'm just curious.

Guy Bennett
Los Angeles, CA

Replies: Reply from "William Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Cosina still at it)