Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Cosina still at it
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:47:56 -0500

Bingo!  That is the reason.  I can understand why some folks have a hard
time justifying the high cost of Leica lenses, and the cosina options can be
alluring given the price tags.  Even used, current Leica lenses are still a
lot more pricey.

I just bought a 35mm Summicron Asph, and it was not an easy decision to
shell out almost a grand for a used lens.  But after using this lens with
only two rolls of slide film, I am convinced I made the right call even if
the cosina option is less than half the price.  The slides where incredible!
Even my wife, who could care less about photo equipment, commented on the
sharpness and  3-dimensional quality of the images.  Good bokeh too, for
those of you who think the out-of-focus area of an image is important.

Personally, I think I will stick with Leica glass.  Particularly since I
don't think I would have a clue as to what to do with a 15 or 12mm lens!
:-)

Bob Kramer

(Next year's lens will be a 24mm Asph!  Or perhaps one of those snappy 400mm
Telyts for my "new" SL.)

Replies: Reply from "julianthomas.terra.es" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] RE: Cosina still at it)