Subject: [Leica] Re: Universal Polarizer falling apart
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:34:43 -0800

At 10:20 PM 1/9/01 -0500, Dan Honemann wrote:
>Anyone (crazy enough to) own the Universal Polarizer?  I've had mine for
>just four months now, and though I use it quite often, I've taken very good
>care of it (always storing it in the original case).
>
>Nonetheless, the lens is now coming apart from the holder: whatever it is
>that allows the lens to rotate gets very loose (not to the point that it has
>fallen out yet) or, if I play around with it some, too tight (to the point
>where I actually had it stuck in one place and could no longer turn it for
>awhile).
>
>Not exactly what one wants to see in a $350 filter. :(
>
>Dan

If it is new, Leica will fix it free. If you are a good customer to a local
Leica dealer, they should (mine certainly would) take it back and give you
another. If you bought it mail order or are not a regular known customer,
you'll have to wait for it to be repaired. If it is not new or you don't
have a receipt, well... you are on your own.

Jim

NOUV
YESPOL