Subject: [Leica] Re: ebay advice needed
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:54:59 -0800

At 12:41 AM 1/10/01 -0500, Kyle Cassidy wrote:

>it's time for my M3 to go. we've had nothing but mutual bad feelings since
>we met and it got to the point, well, let's just say, words were
>exchanged. anyway. since we all know that there's nothing so valuable that
>you can't get more for it on ebay, i've decided ebay's the way to go with
>it. thing is, i have a bunch of crap that goes with it that i'd like to
>sell as well and i don't know if i'll get a better return for it as a
>"beginner leica package" or selling the whole thing piece by piece. i
>have no ebay experience as a seller and i know many of you do, so i defer
>to your vast collective wisdom. i want to get rid of:
>
>kyle

Well, I think you should do what most of us do and that is offer it to the
LUG at the lowest price that you are willing to take. That way you are
supporting your fellow LUGgers and you will have no hassle collecting the
money. And you won't get it back after the buyer dropped it right out of
the box. I have personally bought and sold dozens of items to both LUG and
HUG members and NEVER once had anything but a great experience. I have
always shipped what I am selling to the LUG/LEG/HUG buyer and said "if you
like it, send me a check, if not, send it back." Leica users are honest and
reputable folks.

Only once did I get an item back, and a week later he (hello Michael
Hintlian :) ) was asking for it again but alas, I had sold it to Tim
Spragens. Who didn't return it. A user (Ex) 35mm Summicron.

These are your friends, they will treat you fairly. And if no LUGger wants
the outfit, then move to Ebay and take your chances.

JMHO

Jim