Subject: Re: [Leica] How radioactive are Leitz lenses?
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 15:35:58 -0800

Mark Cohen wrote:
> [...]
have 60 more years left, why don't I take your cameras and lenses off your
hands, since they might be dangerous. Ill happily replace them with
Plastic Holga Cameras. (Which have been shown to not have any metal or
radioactive glass in them at all.)<<<<<<

Mark me young son.....
Not a hope, cause if you think I'm not going to be around for another 30 plus years
working these old glowing leica's, you've got another thought coming. ;-)  Ask me later!
:-)  Besides I'll wait for you to catch-up and give them to you. :-)

However, after a day like today I'm wondering if  it'll matter whether I'm here or not.

I finished a roll in an M6 I was sure was colour! Open camera to reload? It wasn't, it
was B&W and 400 where I would normally have been using a 100 film. I reload, it wasn't a
big deal anyway as the B&W would have been exposed correctly for the little red arrow
heads. And the subjects lent themselves to B&W as well as colour.

So I reload, right? Quickly new roll of 100 SW and ready to rock and roll. Moment is
here start shooting.  By now you'll have noticed I didn't say anything about resetting
the exposure asa on the back of the M6.  Yep shot the roll at 400, but didn't realize it
until I got home from the lab. I called,       TOO LATE! :-(

However, it was a wild lighting weather shoot and I bracketed severely, a rare thing to
be severe with, but hey the light was all over the place and I was working a 15 mm lens.
So I'll find out shortly whether it's good, bad or ugly. Hey accidents happen, ask any
father or mother. ;-)  Certainly those who didn't think they'd be! ;-)

So there you go eh?

ted Grant