Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Photography (US version)
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:04:07 -0000

Dennis,
Thanks for this.
To clarify, I'm writing about the German magazine, 'Leica Fotografie' which
is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. As an aside note, I
thought it would be worth mentioning the other ('sister') magazine with a
similar name, i.e. 'Leica Photography' which as you know was made in the
USA.

So from your dating of Vol VL (I'd presume that's actually 'VI', (Vol 6)
rather than 'VL' (which would be Vol 45) I'd assume that it started in
1932. But from what I know of post war publications, there were only 4 a
year so the 'No. V' and 'No. IX' references are slightly confusing.
It looks like there would have been 12 issues a year prior to WWII, would
you agree?

regards,
Jem