Subject: RE: [Leica] Pricing pictures
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:47:26 -0000

Mike,

While I agree with your sentiments about people being able to make enough
money to live with. The intriguing part of your post was the line, "Let's
not be Vincent Van Goghs".

And that, I suppose, is where the difference of opinion will be. Some
people would like to be artists and produce their work irrespective of what
the financial conequences will be. Definitely not good for them but then
they're not so much concerned with making money, rather, making art.

At the end of your life, would you rather look back and be remembered as a
Van Gogh or a Joe Bloe (that's Joe Bloe, the anonymous forgotten money
maker, rather than any famous Joe Bloe, artist extrordinaire I've not heard
of yet) ?

regards,
Jem