Subject: RE: [Leica] Steinheil 35/4.5
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:26:19 -0000

Tony,
A Steinheil 35mm lens, the Lineogon, was the first wide angle lens I had
back in 1977, and produced good enough pictures for me until replaced with
an F2.8 35mm Summaron. I know precious little about the history other than
reccomending Marc's book if you wish to know more.

regards,
Jem

At 05:46 AM 1/3/2001 -0000, Tony Winkless wrote:
>Re the earlier discussion on Steinheil lenses I have the following and
>wonder whether anyone has any knowledge of the history of these lenses -
>presumably 35/3.5 Elmar screw-mount coupled alternatives. It is
>marked:Steinheil Munchen, Nr2775, 1:4.5, f=3.5mm, V-N. Perhaps of
additional
>interest it is also inscribed: "Made in Germany US Zone".

I would urge you to consult that well of information, NON-LEITZ LEICA
THREAD-MOUNT LENSES:  A 39mm DIVERSITY, by Marc James <ah-HEM> Small, or
else the other indispensable tool, Wright and Wilkinson's LENS COLLECTOR'S
VADE MECUM CD-ROM.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!