Subject: [Leica] Zorki repair person
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:29:20 -0800

A Russian immigrant friend of mine recently showed me a camera that had
belonged to his late father.  It was a chrome Zorki, probably one of the
Zorki 3 models, with a combined range-view finder, removable back and a
50mm f/2 LTM Jupiter lens.  The camera appears in good shape, but the
shutter is very sluggish.  It probably just needs a good CLA to get it
running again.  I told him that I'd read on the Web that a Zorki may be
less expensive to replace than to fix.  But since it was his father's
camera, my friend thinks he would like to get the camera fixed.

Does anyone on the list know of someone who can repair a Zorki? About
how much would it cost?  If I could find someone in the Seattle area,
that would be great, but "by-mail" is OK too.  We're talking about a
basic CLA and fixing what's broken, not an antique restoration.

Thanks!
- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA