Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL Storage - Shutter Cocked or Not?
From: "A. H. Ongun" <ahongun@ecsysinc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:19:09 -0800

Hi,

I hope that the following is not a religious question.

I've just acquired an M6 TTL .85 and have been familiarizing myself with it.
I have been testing the built-in meter by taking an incident reading and
then comparing the reading against the built-in meter (BTW they have been
very close so far).

Of course, for the meter to work I have to cock the shutter.  The question I
have is, does it hurt the shutter to leave it cocked, or should I release
the shutter when I put the camera away (wasting one frame of film)?

Thanks,

Andy