Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanners
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:38:06 -0800

"Cochran, Adam" wrote:

> All  - -  I am of the opinion that it will be a long time before there is a
> digital camera that will provide the performance or "feel" of the Leica, but
> enjoy PhotoShop, and thus am interested in obtaining a scanner for 35mm film
> and transparencies.  Several of you have commented quite positively over the
> past several months on the Nikon LS-2000.  However, I have also reviewed
> comments by others at
>
> http://www.image-acquire.com/scanner/viscomm/nikocs2000.html
>
> where users do not speak well of the LS-2000 scanner, particularly Nikon
> service which is (according to them) greatly needed for this product.  Have
> any of you had a negative experience with the reliability of the LS-2000?
> Are there other scanners in this price range that you would recommend?
>
> Adam

I quote the first one here from your url and it's comletet BS from my experience
and every i've heard:

We have had this product for 10 months and it has been the biggest nightmare I
have seen in the 15 years I have been in business. My experience has been
exactly the same as Jim Carr's comments. We also have the 50-slide attachment
(SF-200) that will not work. There is no customer service to speak of -- fast
food organizations do an exemplary job compared to  Nikon. I will never buy any
thing from them again. Stay away from this product at all costs (literally)!

Mine has worked perfectly for over a year I recall Tina mentioning she had re
stepper motor replaced without much problem.

mark :) rabiner

updated Temp Site:
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/