Subject: Re: [Leica] On Kodachrome
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:34:26 -0800

Doug Nygren wrote:

> Last month was a nightmare for me and I didn't read messages from  Leica
> digest until today.
> I was surprised to read that Kodak is going to discontinue Kodachrome
> 200 and there was talk that all Kodachrome will soon be history. This
> would be a loss. I use E6 film and I like it, but there are some
> situations that Kodachrome does a better job in and not to have it would
> be a loss. I hope they keep it available.
>
> Doug Nygren

I get 24 hour service with Kodachrome here in portland.
Today i was at Pro Photo and a guy was buying a brick of the 200 Professional.
I've got a half brick left in my fridge.
Just cause the phase out the professional doesn't mean it's going completely.
People who don't like Kodachrome talk about how it's a passing thing.
Apparently Stock shooters wont' live without it and they'll make it for them.
mark :) rabiner

updated Temp Site:
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/