Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: what would you do ?
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:31:07 +0800

on 18/12/00 2:27 PM, D Khong at dkhong@pacific.net.sg wrote:

> Fraudulent use of CC seem to be in these three (maybe more) varieties:
>
> 1. The actual duplication of an existing genuine card.
> 2. The use of stolen cards and forging of signatures.
> 3. The obtaining of CC information (at restaurants, etc) and the subsequent
> fraudulent use in mail order purchases. This charge is usually disputed and
> I am inclined to think that CC companies judge each on a case to case basis.
Hmm interesting: I have just today received a statement for one of my cards
where a couple of small items have been billed to a company in Moscow. I
never heard of the company and was not recently in Moscow besides having no
record of any such amounts being billed on the card at the time. I have
notified my card company and will see what happens. Since the amount is only
about 10 dollars each time I suspect someone is counting on either not being
noticed or not being chased up by the card company. Let's see...
- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography
Beijing, China