Subject: [Leica] Re: PhotoShop et al
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:18:39 -0500

Oliver Bryk <obryk@flash.netdex.com> wrote:

> I have been using PS LE for about a year now and I'm
> obviously still learning. It either does not have or
> I cannot find two features that I would like to have
> available: a way to correct converging verticals
> (perhaps analogous to tilting the easel) and a way to
> save an array of rectangular cropping ratios instead
> of having to enter them each time. Are there products
> that offer these features (if PS LE doesn't have them)
> at modest price points?

Oliver, I mentioned Picture Window Pro in an earlier post. PWP has a
perspective altering function ("transformation" in PWP lingo) that can
straighten out converging verticals. I use it from time to time and it works
very well. PWP also has a built-in set of cropping ratios. Note that this is
a PC-only program...no Mac version planned AFAIK.

http://www.dl-c.com

- -Dave-