Subject: [Leica] Re: BESSA-R revisited
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:00:22 -0500

D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

> It has been some time since the Bessa-R was introduced
> into the market and I would like to think that by now
> LUGgers who have used it would have gotten to know the
> good and bad points about this camera. I will appreciate
> your feedback.

I've had mine since early spring. Bill Larsen has already covered the good &
bad points quite well but I'd like to add my praise for the Bessa's
rangefinder/viewfinder. It's unfortunate the baselength is so short but the
brightness & clarity are excellent and I've never had a problem with flare.
The shutter is kinda noisy for stealth operation if that's your thing.

I suspect Cosina could make a formidable Leica M challenger if Mr. Kobayashi
were so inclined. The Bessa-R isn't that camera but as a vehicle for wider
LTM lenses it does a good job.

- -Dave-