Subject: [Leica] Re: Busted with my M2
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:26:30 -0800 (PST)

Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com> wrote:

> Watch this space, because believe me we are only at the very, very
> beginning of the london/prague/dc/seattle story... and already the
> people who manned the barricades thirty years ago are finding
> themselves (reluctantly I expect) on the other side now, sanctioning
> the very behavior they deplored previously *because they do not have
> another way to deal with it yet*.

I guess I'm naive.  I didn't realize that by being an American, I've
been living in a police state.  In the same vein, I just saw this
story on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2000/LAW/12/15/secretevidence.crim.ap/index.html

A guy is being released from prison after *3 years* and he was *never
charged with a crime.*  That's ludicrous.

But as long as it's for our own good, might as well give up all our
rights...  <sigh>