Subject: [Leica] Re: what would you do ?
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:22:17 -0800 (PST)

> A Belgian internet shop, where I had ordered securely, sent me a
> confirmation of the order with credit card number included via a
normal
> email message today !!

I'd call them back and ask to speak with a supervisor.  Depending on
how pissed off I was combined with what response I got, I'd consider
cancelling the order.  If they're that careless with customer
information, do you really want to do business with them?

That said, depending on your local laws, it may not be that big of a
deal.  In the US, if somebody obtains my credit card number and uses
it to make fraudulent purchases, the merchant is the one out the
money.  If a merchant hasn't seen the physical card and doesn't have a
receipt with a signature, the customer isn't liable at all.  If you've
lost your card and somebody forges your signature, then you're liable
up to certain amounts, depending on how quickly you report your
lost/stolen card.