Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 busted with my M2
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:18:14 -0500

Politics, politics, politics, politics!

Slobidan wrote:

>The great concern right now is that such para-military police behavior
is being
>seen as normal or beneficial by Joe and Betty Citizen.

There are obviously many sides to this, and all off them are very OT as
far as this list is concerned. However, I am a resident of the District
of Columbia. I live in Brooklands, which is a relatively poor
neighborhood about 5 miles from where these events took place. Given
that this city is just now recovering from a crack epidemic and a huge
financial deficit, most of the local residents I have talked to were
very happy that the police prevented a repeat of the shameful events of
Seattle.  Tearing ouur city apart is not the way to make a political
point.

Joe Citizen aka Simon Stevens