Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander EC Meter vs Sekonic L208 Twinmate
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:56:14 -0500

I wanted to get the Voigtlaender for my M4-P becase of the size. But the
reason I didn't is because you cannot meter at eye level. The leds are
on top and you can't lock a reading so you have to meter at waist level
and guess where you are pointing it. In my opinion this is a really
stupid design oversight as it completely ruins the advantage of a nice
tight 90mm-equivilent metering area. I haven't handled the Sekonic yet
(nobody here in DC has it in stock) but it looks to be nice and small
and it can meter in incident mode. It's also cheaper. :)

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Voigtlander EC Meter vs Sekonic L208 Twinmate)