Subject: Re: [Leica] Options for Ebay
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:38:53 -0500

Roger-

After over two hundred trades, and no real problems, I found that if you
deal with folks as if you had them over to your house to see what you have
to sell, then you will find quite a few nice people out there!

If I make a mistake, and I have on several occasions, I try to apologise for
any inconvenience, and refund their money. If it is a case, like the lens
that was dirty, and I miss it- I even refund their postage- I figure if I
make a mistake, it shouldn't cost the buyer anything!

If I communicate with someone and they act 'snippish' or like they can't be
bothered- I look elsewhere! I have never seen a totally unique item on eBay
that I wanted so badly that I would put up with abuse or discourtesy. I try
to provide as much info and as many pictures as possible, and be as
courteous as I can to others- it seems to pay off. I have met a lot of
interesting folks, some I have even gotten to sign on the LUG! (I figure,
the more the merrier!), and it's been fun and entertaining as well as
educational.

The eBay community is like any other- there are some good eggs, and some bad
eggs- and it ain't all that hard to sort 'em out!

Dan