Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Options for when Ebay seller breaches contract?
From: Roger <contaxaholic@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:39:35 -0800 (PST)

Don't feel comfortable saying, because there may be
some legality that could be twisted around to come
back and haunt me. Any lawyers on this group might
chime in here, as to issues such as this, for the good
of the group.

I have left very negative feedback on this seller.
Unless he decides on a 'scorched earth' plan of
retaliation, then you won't see his userid listed on
my feedback.

My ebay id is roger_urban@yahoo.com

Check my feedback.

I've done over 100 transactions, but due to laziness
or whatever, not everyone gets around to posting
feedback. I'm guilty of that with a small handful of
transactions too, ones where I deleted the bookmark as
well as the email notifications when yahool was
pumping messages at me that I was running out of space
and would I like to purchase 25megabytes, etc. etc.

Just play it safe on Ebay or any other auction and
scrutinize the seller if you are in doubt and always
always always check out their feedback.

Oh yah, I'm probably preaching to the converted, but
it goes without saying in my book that:

1) jpg's of the item for sale should be clear and not
out of focus or so dark you have to turn the lights
out in the room to see any shadow definition

2) I become warry of items with bidders that have (0)
feedback. It makes me suspect that the seller has
multiple userids or perhaps his cohorts are assisting
the bidding process.

3) Sellers who refuse to answer questions about the
item are history, as far as I'm concerned. And I have
encountered them. Even had one tell me: 'Sorry Roge, I
don't have time for your hassels' when I was asking
him about accessories for an enlarger and other very
pertinent questions, like how about a .jpg of it, you
know?

I could go on and on, but lets hear from others out
there in the LUG and if they can extend my list of
do's and dont's at all.

8-)

Roger