Subject: [Leica] Re: tape for tripod legs
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:43:35 -0800 (PST)

Steve Beyer <steve@beyerphoto.com> wrote:

> My recommendation would be to wear double gloves.  Inside wear thin
> gloves so you can still work the controls of the tripod and camera.
> Outside wear a pair of heavy mittens that you can stuff your hands
> into to keep warm.  I often use a chemical warmer "Hand Warmers" that
> provide a pleasant relief when I return my hands to the mittens.

There are also "flip off" mittens that work well for this.  I wear
glove liners, and then these mittens.  You can flip over the mitten
part, exposing your fingers in the thin (but insulated) liner.  When
you get done with the detail work, flip the mittens back over.  Put a
chemical warmer in there, and you can freeze your tush off while your
hands stay toasty.  :)

I think I found my pair at an army surplus store.