Subject: RE: [Leica] Options for when Ebay seller breaches contract?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:33:38 -0800

I have done hundreds of deals through mail order over the past 35 years.
Got stuck twice.... maybe careful, maybe lucky.....but the issue is to never
get greedy......

I had won an auction on the 'Bay last month.  My policy is a bit soft but
nevertheless, if I feel that there is a risk, and a LOT of money is at stake
( $100 is a lot to me), I insist on something that makes ME feel better...
well this particular seller wanted me to send a check for $1,000 to a PO
Box.... no street address.... no phone number .... or else no
deal....whether it be a personal check or a bank check, the money could have
gone right down the drain....a Visa would have been better, but that was not
possible in this case.... finally I asked for an escrow service to handle
the deal, and the seller said no.  SO much for that deal.....Caveat Emptor!

Never get too greedy.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net